It is the priority task of the deputy commissioner for the protection of the rights of nationalities living in Hungary to monitor the practical implementation of individual and community nationality rights and the principle of equal treatment, as well as to regularly inform the commissioner for fundamental rights, the institutions concerned and the general public about her experiences and findings.
In her quarterly newsletter, Elisabeth Sándor-Szalay provides an overview of the nature and trends of the petitions received, the professional documents issued and the main domestic and international professional events.
The topics of the 4/2021 newsletter:
- about the year 2021
- General Comment on the use of community names in nationality languages
- Working visit in Békés County
- V4 ombudsmen summit in Visegrád
- domestic and international conferences
- case-load tendencies, joint reports, case law mosaic
You can access the newsletter also by clicking on this link.
You can find the previous issues of the newsletter here.